Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Visit--By Jennifer Criss--United States

The Visit

I felt a cold chill
on that warm night
and I thought
it might have been you
paying me a visit.

I felt icy fingers
crawl down my back.
perspiration replaced
by goosebumps.
Then nothingness again.

I’m afraid, but also sad
you’ve abandoned me again.

Jennifer Criss graduated from Ball State University with a minor in Creative Writing, a lifelong passion.  She is currently collaborating on an anthology for older adults and helps lead a writing support group. Jennifer writes mostly short stories but has discovered a love for writing poetry.  Her poetry has been published in Poebita Magazine. She now works at Ball State, is a busy mother of two girls and her pen keeps moving. She is an editorial assistant with Indiana Voice Journal.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer. If you are new to Whispers, welcome! I enjoyed your poem. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete